- Jason: I will lead the quest to free hera!
- Random Camper in the back: He doesn't even go here!
nancy means pathetic in british slang
NANCY BOBOFITrick u lil shit
The Freaking Amazing Names of Camp Half-Blood Campers (and some others)
- Nico and Bianca di Angelo: They are children of Hades, and their name suggests that they are literally OF ANGELS.
- Castor and Pollux: twin sons of Dionysus, obviously named after Castor and Pollux. Look 'em up if you haven't heard of them already.
- Hazel Levesque: Levesque is a name originally from old french "le eveske", meaning the bishop. This surname would be used as an occupational indicator, or as a nickname for a solemn person. She's a daughter of Pluto. 'nuff said.
- Connor and Travis Stoll: as was pointed out in the books, Percy thought it was funny that two sons of the god of thieves would have a last name like "Stoll".
- Jake Mason: this may be a stretch, but a mason is a person who builds things, and while by definition, a mason uses mortar and materials that need mortar, I think it may be pointing to his being a son of Hephaestus.
- Katie Gardener: ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? This one is so obvious it feels like being punched in the gut. Look at her last name. I'll give you one guess on who her godly parent is. DEMETER, goddess of the HARVEST.
- Miranda Gardiner: THIS IS THE SAME NAME YOU DIDNT EVEN CHANGE IT RICK WHAT? also daughter of Demeter.
- Lee Fletcher: anyone who knows anything about archery knows that the little feathers (or plastic) on the end of and arrow is called FLETCHING and someone who FLETCHES an arrow is called a FLETCHER. Lee father is Apollo, god of a bunch of things including archery.
- Michael Yew: on a similar note, yew is and was one of the most common woods to make bows out of. It has just the right consistency for the bow to be strong, durable, flexible, but not to bendable, and it is lightweight. This is another son of Apollo.
- Reyna: reina, in spanish, means "queen", and while Reyna is not a queen, she is definitely a powerful leader. close enough.
- Jason Grace: named after Jason, son of Aeson (from mythology). that's obvious and stated in the books.
- Perseus Jackson: once again, named after the mythological son of Zeus, for reasons stated in the books.
- Silena Beauregard: "beau" means beautiful in french. oh, would you look at that, the french gave us the word "beautiful" as well. how nice. Silena is a daughter of Aphrodite, goddess of love and beauty.
- Will Solace: this one is really clever in that "sol" means sun in spanish (and the other romance languages have very similar terms) and Apollo is the sun god (among other things), driving his golden chariot across the sky. UPDATE: THE WORD SOLACE MEANS COMFORT OR CONSOLATION IN A TIME OF DISTRESS AND APOLLO IS THE GOD OF HEALING AND MEDICINE AS WELL HOLY CRAP I JUST REALIZED THAT!!!
- Luke Castellan: do you know what a castellan was? if not, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castellan . It's a bit of a stretch here, as well, but I think some of the duties of a castellan are similar to what Luke did as the captain of the Princess Andromeda, or as the commander of the Titan's army. In any case, it suggests that he is noble in bearing, as he turns out to be when he sacrifices himself.
- Piper McLean: I like this one because Piper is described as having a slim build. mcLEAN? hahaha sorry, i had to.
- Grover Underwood: this guy has nature written all over him, even in his name; GROVEr underWOOD. I think it was intentional.
- Thalia Grace: named after Thalia, daughter of Zeus and the eighth of the nine Muses, her talent being comedy and idyllic poetry.